Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Friday, January 13, 2012

Next on the To-Do List... Emergency Sub Plans!

I spent Thursday and Friday of last week sick as a dog. Not like I had a cold-sick, but like I couldn't eat a scrap of food because I was afraid it was going to make a quick return-sick. It was horrible. I can't event tell you the last time that I was that sick. And each morning when my stupid alarm went off at 5:20 a.m., all I could think about was what it would take for me to write sub plans for the day and get them to school. Just the thought of the prep was enough to get me out of bed and on my way. I did this mental dance both Thursday and Friday mornings, feeling like garbage and doing my best.

As as first-year teacher, I have only written 2 days of sub plans. Total. And they took a while. I have created a Sub Binder with basic info and emergency instructions, but after my icky sick days, I have added planning 3 days worth of emergency sub plans to the top of my To-do List.

How do you plan for emergencies?

~dani~

No comments:

Post a Comment