- You must post the rules.
- Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
- Tag 12 people and link them to your post!
- Let them know you've tagged them!
12 fun things about me...
- Teaching kiddos is my second career. I authored and presented continuing education seminars for attorneys for five years before returning to school to get my Master's and Credential at UC Irvine.
- I am 30. Yikes. Did I just type that out loud?
- I have been married for 5 years to my best friend and we have a fur-baby named Duke.
- I student-taught with a male partner (who was and is AMAZING!).
- I used to teach a fitness class called Boogie Box.
- I have a group of friends from school (The Carpool) that are amazing to bounce ideas off of.
- It's almost my one month bloggiversary!
- I really want to be a mom sometime in the near future.
- 23 out of 28 of my students are English Learners.
- I used to have super short blonde hair just like P!nk.
- I am addicted to Cinnamon Dolce Lattes from Starbucks. Whole milk, whipped cream and all. I only allow myself one per week, usually on Sunday mornings.
- My husband and I got married at a historic house in Palm Springs, CA.
Miss S's questions for me...
- How long have you been teaching? This is my very first year!
- Has your school ever had anyone famous visit? Not that I know of.
- What is your favorite subject to teach? I am definitely a math girl.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? A cheerleader. Yes, I know. It's actually why I went to college the first time.
- Where was the last place you went out to dinner? Wahoo's Fish Tacos at Santana Row.
- Do you work out? Oh, yeah... Dance aerobics in my empty room. Google Clubland Workouts.
- Does your school have art class? Not officially, but we have a retired teacher that floats and will teach my kids every other month.
- Coke or Pepsi? Neither... that stuff will kill ya!
- Have you ever been to Wisconsin? Nope.
- Driver or passenger? Passenger.
- How many siblings do you have? Five total. Two brothers and two sisters.
- What is the ratio or male to female teachers at your school? 2:15
Now for 12 blogs to tag....
- Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher
- HBrown at A New Teacher's Journey
- Amy at The Resource(ful) Room!
- Krissy at Krissy's Kindergarten
- Lori at Conversations in Literacy
- Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6
- Julie at Lighting a Fire in Third Grade
- Sara at Smiling in Second
- Mrs. McKown at Little Literacy Learners
- Melissa at Teaching Fashionista
- Kelli at Castles and Crayons
- Tanya at A Class Act
- How often do you post on your blog?
- Phone camera or camera camera?
- What was the last book you read?
- What color polish is on your nails?
- Snow or sand?
- How long have you been teaching?
- Have you ever been a mentor teacher?
- What does the perfect day look like?
- Can you wear jeans to school?
- Do you play and instruments?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is the best meal that you cook? (I'm a little hungry, can you tell?)
Thanks for playing!