Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

HOLLA!

My fellow third grade teachers and I do a Science and Social Studies rotation on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. We plan a six-lesson unit and rotate our groups every three weeks. We mix our students up and group them strategically. They all love being in class with kids from other classes and we get to have tons of fun. I am currently teaching Animal Adaptations (which is one of my favorites...) and I have an amazing video I like to break the ice with. Here it is...



We begin the lesson with brainstorming examples of different types of adaptations, then we watch the video.  It always gets tons of laughs and usually kids are singing along by the end of the song. After the video, the kids each got a copy of the lyrics and they highlighted all of the adaptations that the camel mentions in the song.  We then came back together to review all of the different adaptations in the video.

And for the finale, I play the video one more time and the kids follow along with their highlighted lyrics. This time, they all sing along and I love it!
Right as the video finished up, I heard a little voice say, HOLLA! And I burst into laughter!  It was amazing!  It was completely unexpected and the timing was perfect.  I gave the little lady a high five and excused everyone back to their classrooms.  I will definitely be using this video again. :)

~dani~

4 comments:

  1. too cute! I had Lorelei watch.
    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this! I hope I can get it to play at school! =)

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using www.keepvid.com to download YouTube videos for use at my school site. It is a wonderful tool!

      Delete
  3. I teach 3rd grade too and this is perfect for my animal unit. Thanks.
    Stop on by to visit my blog.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete