Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well, here goes...

I decided while procrastinating this evening that I would start this blog (my brain is not ready to leave Winter Break).  I have been tossing the idea around for the past few weeks, but just haven't quite had the time.  I figured that it would be a good idea to give a brief overview of the past few months.  I am in my very first year of teaching and I have a very full plate.  So far, things have been great.  I have a lively group of third-graders that are up for anything and we have been busy doing all sorts of blog and pinterest-inspired projects and activities along with our regular curriculum.  Needless to say, it has been a whole lot of juggling along with countless hours of planning and replanning.  I'm also attempting to incorporate Daily 5 rotations along with CGI math strategies.  Some hours have been tremendously successful (I look for small victories...) and others have left me feeling like a complete failure.  All of that said, I LOVE MY JOB!  I am excited each and every day to go to school and work with my kiddos.  Being in the classroom has changed my life in the best way possible.  I have also had the ol' BTSA ball and chain following me around.  Just what we first-year teachers need... more homework, right?  It does seem to be quite a bit of extra work, but I have found that it is helping me develop and nurture good habits of reflection, communication, and documentation.  I'm sure I won't dislike it as much when I don't have  to do it.

I'm sure that I've rambled on long enough here.  I promise I'll get much better at this!

~dani~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I am so happy to find another first year blogger :)

    ReplyDelete